massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Uncategorized (1,720)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Meridians?

I don’t think the ancient Chinese looked at meridians as being invisible vessels with a mysterious energy flowing through them.  I think th…

Started by Gordon J. Wallis

9 Oct 13, 2018
Reply by Gordon J. Wallis

So much potential

With only 2% of the over $3.3 Trillion spent on health care being spent on physical therapy, I know that even less is spent on massage or m…

4 Oct 6, 2018

Cranial Work

As recently as a few years ago, I use to think that any type of cranial work was just bull. Pseudoscience, and not real.  However, I don’t…

8 Oct 2, 2018

Questions

I am starting a travel to in home massage business. Just wondering if I should have my clients sign a waiver of sorts to cover myself or if…

Started by Jennifer Johnson

2 Sep 14, 2018
Reply by Jennifer Johnson

Soft tissue pain

What is soft tissue pain?  They don’t really address that in massage school do they?  I’m an expert in one aspect of soft tissue pain.  Any…

1 Aug 21, 2018
Reply by S Brown

Ligament pain

Does anyone here know how to treat ligament pain?  Because I don’t.

9 Aug 21, 2018
Reply by S Brown

Clincal vs relaxation, difference at end of each massage?

Is there a perceived difference after a relaxation vs. a more clinically focused massage on specific issues and areas in the body? 

Started by Jeremy Murray

5 Aug 18, 2018
Reply by S Brown

Licensure / my opinion

This is more of a comment, then a discussion. Or maybe it's a complaint? I've been a massage therapist here in Alaska for approximately 21…

46 Aug 11, 2018

Massage Therapist in a Medical setting

Are there any massage therapist that started off in a medical setting after graduating? If so how did you get into that field and did you t…

Started by Mochelle Sanders

4 Aug 4, 2018
Reply by Massage sucks

Received ripped massage table.

I ordered a massage table for school and shelled out a lot of money for it. I just received it today and opened up the box. It has a rip in…

Started by Jeremy Murray

3 Aug 3, 2018
Reply by Massage sucks

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service