massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

All Discussions Tagged 'therapy' (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Independent Contractor Massage Proposals

I recently came from a job interview that gave me the low down on the job.  Basically I will be a independent massage therapist. He will pa…

Started by Csepulveda

4 Jan 19, 2011
Reply by Beth Baker LPN,LMT,CH

Education for LMTs

I am a LMT (Illinois) since 2006, have done many continuing education courses (more than needed for retaining my license and certification)…

Started by Martha Bannister

1 Aug 11, 2010
Reply by Jody C. Hutchinson

Moderate vs Light Pressure in Massage Therapy

There have been various studies done on the issue of moderate vs. light pressure in massage therapy, and many have concluded that moderate…

Started by Neil Jenh

1 Jul 29, 2010
Reply by Jason Erickson

Endangerment Sites: Examining fact and myth

Everyone has learned about endangerment sites, right? These are areas containing structures that lie near the body’s surface and, because o…

Started by Susan G. Salvo

12 May 31, 2010
Reply by Susan G. Salvo

Infant Massage teaching

I am a recent Massage Therapy graduate and take my licensing exam at the end of the month.I also am a Certified Infant Massage Teacher and…

Started by Angela Mandina

0 May 5, 2010

Looking for authors who want to write

Do you love to write? Are you passionate about your profession? We are looking for articles with original content to publish on our site Fi…

Started by Liz

7 Dec 15, 2009
Reply by Mike Hinkle

Evidence based massage therapy

What are your thoughts, beefs, opinions on massage therapy becoming evidence based practice? I have posted 2 articles here and here

Started by BH

59 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Bert Davich

Someone posted a question about foot pain last week and a few of our staff, alumni and CE providers responded.

The question, now deleted by the original person that asked the question, was “What is the best modality for foot pain?  Foot pain can exis…

Started by ASIS Massage Education

5 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by ASIS Massage Education

Urgent Issue for NC Massage Therapists - Stop sales tax on massage therapy and bodywork services!

In case you haven't heard by now, NC is in a serious budget crunch right now. The NC legislature is considering taxing certain "pleasure se…

Started by Felicia Brown

3 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by Felicia Brown

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service