massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Post your answers below, and we may use your comments in an upcoming issue of Massage & Bodywork magazine!

Views: 638

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a deceptive little question!  It seems so innocent and then you start to think about it and it's not so easy to answer!  Here's my first attempt:  Massage is communication at a level not accomplished very often.  A delicate balance of pressure. An opportunity to return people to who they are supposed to be.  An opportunity for people to discover or rediscover themselves (similar to prior comment but I'm running with it!).  Terrifying for some, a real treat for others.  A lifetime journey for the therapist.  An opportunity to do something that really matters.  Hard work on many levels!

Got to go for now, I'll be back with more thoughts.

Didn't mean to deceive... ;-)

Thanks Therese, I love your answer!

Therese Schwartz said:

What a deceptive little question!  It seems so innocent and then you start to think about it and it's not so easy to answer!  Here's my first attempt:  Massage is communication at a level not accomplished very often.  A delicate balance of pressure. An opportunity to return people to who they are supposed to be.  An opportunity for people to discover or rediscover themselves (similar to prior comment but I'm running with it!).  Terrifying for some, a real treat for others.  A lifetime journey for the therapist.  An opportunity to do something that really matters.  Hard work on many levels!

Got to go for now, I'll be back with more thoughts.

Thanks Abram!  :)

I had a reply and accidentally navigated away from this page before I posted it...Will have to remember what I typed!  I hate being too tired...

More thoughts:  A balance between science and intuition.  As varied as there are massage therapists.  Ancient and instinctive.

I think that's word for word what I had before...

Comment to a client today:  Massage is a great way to interrupt the stress cycle.

Nice!

Therese Schwartz said:

Comment to a client today:  Massage is a great way to interrupt the stress cycle.

Massage is Love. That is it.

Massage is to rejuvenate your mind, body and soul.

Massage is the only job that has pushed me to be more compassionate, more spiritual and is more physically demanding each and every day - and I love it for that!

Massage is the answer to so many of life's downs.

Massage therapy is an effective way to treat many pain symptoms with little or no side effects. Regularity with massage also promotes a long and healthy stress free lifestyle.

Massage is balance ~ massage has balanced my life in ways I never knew possible. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service