massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Lately I have had a few regular clients cancel their appointments and tell me they would call me after they know their schedule or what not.  What is proper etiquette to follow up with them to get them scheduled again? 

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is no proper etiquette for this. The last time you were in contact with them, they established that they would call you to schedule themselves, and you acknowledged this. It's now their responsibility to decide to call or not. Calling them now certainly won't reflect well on you and your professionalism.

I have found that it may be helpful to return the call and say that you go their message and look forward to seeing them again. I have also noticed that this one way for clients to bail out of massage and not be honest about leaving.  Remember, it takes more effort to get a new client than to keep the ones already in your practice.

my 2 cents.

jh

If you spoke with the clients when they cancelled, then Willows of Saturn has covered that already. Its up to them to call you back!

You also have to look at what time of year it is! People are going on vacations! School trips if they have kids, etc. It could also be that money has become tight especially with today's economy. People are usually to embarrassed to admit this and most won't. They or their spouse may have lost their job, hours were cut back, etc

Write down the names/date of last visit/frequency of massage. Give it a month or so! Then mail out a simple generic card stating that you are offering a discount for the month of May or June

Most importantly, don't beat yourself up over it! I know some massage therapists that I'm friends with that take it personally when regular clients stop coming and rack their brains trying to figure out why.

Sometimes we just lose people and we may never know the reasons for it!

"Write down the names/date of last visit/frequency of massage. Give it a month or so! Then mail out a simple generic card stating that you are offering a discount for the month of May or June"

Great idea! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service