massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Does anyone know who can help with insurance referral from doctors for massage, for my billing and coding.

I am a Licensed Massage Therapist in the State of New Jersey.

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are companies which can do your billing for you, and take a percentage of the fees charged, while others charge a fee per number of claims billed.

Google search for "medical billing companies" or "outsourced medical billing" / "medical billing outsourcing" or "healthcare billing services"  add in massage therapy and new jersey to be more exact.

You have to be credentialed as a health care provider by each individual insurance company. You have to contact each of the major insurers and request credentialing paperwork( fairly extensive). Fill it out then wait weeks or months. That's what I had to do. I'm in Alaska. I don't think it's different in another state?
Perhaps contact a massage therapist that works with a chiropractor and ask them for information.

Reply to Discussion


© 2020   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service