massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Hi, someone can explain me what is Raindrps Therapy and for what can be used.

Thanx!

Views: 515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanx Ms Gloria. I see a video at youtube, where a woman burn her husband's back. All the back was red, really red.

Gloria Coppola said:
Kat
I do not take any offense either.
I agree that there has not been adequate research and as I mentioned the oils themselves
are not performing the adjustments. If one really pays attention to the training/techniques, it is actually a osteopathic manipulation which we cannot perform

Also those oils are volatile on the skin. I always apply lavender first if I use them because it burnt my skin and has done similar to others. I and others have gotten nauseous as well with some of the oils, for example: basil. So if you decide to try these oils PLEASE BE CAREFUL and get adequately trained. This is all chemistry as Kat I'm sure will agree.

There is much controversary on these oils YES. I personally resisted Young Living and the whole MLM for many years! I'm not confident with the raindrop oils, but I must say the Pan Away healed my tendonitis after 8 months of nothing else working. Was it his oils? or would have similar been effective? Possibly so!

J. Arnaldo Pabon said:
Well here you can have a friend, I'm not mad with you knowledge, I'm glad to read it, because I love to know both side of my coins. So, thank u very much!

Blessed Be!

Kat Farber said:
I know I'm not going to make any friends with this comment, but I have to put it out there in the interest of variety of opinions. I'm a certified aromatherapist and I don't like the Raindrop Therapy. My first reason, is that I've never seen any independent research to support what it claims to do. The second is, if you have to use a specific brand name (which you do in this case b/c it uses blends only created by Young's Living and recipes for blends are not public knowledge) then it's not a "therapy"; it's a marketing tool. And the third is, most of the world-wide education on essential oils says DON'T use them neat (100% cencentrated).
I know, I know. A lot of people, especially in the states, swear by this technique. . . I just think it's more about marketing a product then it is about a therapy. My two cents. . . feel free to ignore it.
Hi Gloria,

I'm glad you had success with the Pain Away. My understanding is that those essential oils actually are therapeutic grade. So it would make sense that it would help. My issue is with the company and it's marketing; not their actual oils. The company is mostly a marketing tool. And, like I said, it just disagree with a "therapy" that requires you to use a specific name brand for product. I'm going to leave it at that, b/c I really don't want to offend anyone who sells the stuff. I know a lot of people heartly believe in the company.

I'm also glad that you all were willing to listen to a different view point with an open mind.

J. Arnaldo; if you want more independent info on essential oils for anything specific, let me know. I'll send you some info.

THANKS, Everyone!

Gloria Coppola said: but I must say the Pan Away healed my tendonitis after 8 months of nothing else working. Was it his oils? or would have similar been effective? Possibly so!

J
I agree Kat!! ;)

Kat Farber said:
Hi Gloria,

I'm glad you had success with the Pain Away. My understanding is that those essential oils actually are therapeutic grade. So it would make sense that it would help. My issue is with the company and it's marketing; not their actual oils. The company is mostly a marketing tool. And, like I said, it just disagree with a "therapy" that requires you to use a specific name brand for product. I'm going to leave it at that, b/c I really don't want to offend anyone who sells the stuff. I know a lot of people heartly believe in the company.

I'm also glad that you all were willing to listen to a different view point with an open mind.

J. Arnaldo; if you want more independent info on essential oils for anything specific, let me know. I'll send you some info.

THANKS, Everyone!

Gloria Coppola said: but I must say the Pan Away healed my tendonitis after 8 months of nothing else working. Was it his oils? or would have similar been effective? Possibly so!

J
Oh thanx Ms Kat. My e-mails address is ja_pabon@hotmail.com
and if you nee my mil addres please let me know ;o)

Blessed be!

Kat Farber said:
Hi Gloria,

THANKS, Everyone!

J
I have to agree with Kat. I am a clinical aromatherapist and I personally feel that the Raindrop Technique is bad practice and goes against every code of ethics I adhere to. Aside from the controversy Young Living has endured, the unsubstantiated claims of this technique, the use of essential oils directly on the skin, especially with oils like thyme and rosemary, is contrary to aromatherapy 101 and puts the client at a significant risk. Techniques like this have sparked such an outcry that NAHA initiated a review in 2008 that came back with some jaw-dropping results, like miscarriages, heart failure, and burns due to the misuse of essential oils.

Hi Jason,

Is there a website that discusses that NAHA review.  I would like to read it in it's entirety. 

Thanks,

Jason Knight said:

I have to agree with Kat. I am a clinical aromatherapist and I personally feel that the Raindrop Technique is bad practice and goes against every code of ethics I adhere to. Aside from the controversy Young Living has endured, the unsubstantiated claims of this technique, the use of essential oils directly on the skin, especially with oils like thyme and rosemary, is contrary to aromatherapy 101 and puts the client at a significant risk. Techniques like this have sparked such an outcry that NAHA initiated a review in 2008 that came back with some jaw-dropping results, like miscarriages, heart failure, and burns due to the misuse of essential oils.

NAHA.org and http://www.alliance-aromatherapists.org/ both have stern warnings regarding Raindrop Therapy and Aromatouch Technique (DoTerra).

Kat Farber said:

Hi Jason,

Is there a website that discusses that NAHA review.  I would like to read it in it's entirety. 

Thanks,

Jason Knight said:

I would do diligent research on anything that Gary Young clams as therapeutic.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140713001220-36302273-the-truth-ab...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service