massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Hey everyone... I was hoping you could take a few minutes and give me a friendly critique of my website before it goes live (with a proper url or .com)?  Any words of advice will be greatly appreciated!

If you would like to help you can find my site here:

jb201.squarespace.com

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice website. I like how you have included interesting articles, and share your experiences as you go through the process towards licensure. Your enthusiasm for massage shines through!

If I were to make any suggestion it would be to increase the size of the font, so that older persons with weaker eyes could read it more easily. I don't know if you are able to contain the width within the size of the web page, so people wouldn't have to scroll from side to side as well as up and down. Also, you have two similar client intake forms available, which might be a little confusing.

Best wishes in your future endeavors!

Thanks for the words of advice.  I've made several changes to the site after your input.  Hopefully it will be more user friendly now.  Thanks again Linda!

You've put a lot of work and thought into this website and that's awesome!  

I like that you included the different modalities and descriptions of each, however there are a few things to consider:

-Under Myofascial release: most people do not know what fascia is.  It might be better to describe it as working through the different layers of the skin through to the muscular layer. Although it doesn't truly define fascia, or how fascia works, it's still easier for people to grasp and isn't too far from the point.

-NMT: simple gramatical/ typing mishap "A technique that 'is'' directed at returning the body to a state of structural balance." and I would add "... through the use of static pressure and myofascial technique."

Pregancy and Sports: I wouldn't use the term 'contraindications' as again it would just confuse most people.  Maybe use "imbalances" or stick to "the specific needs of the pregnant woman/ athlete"

Trigger Point: typo- you added a 'd' to balance at the end.

Ayurveda: "this technique that focus on detoxification" grammatically should be "this technique focuses on detoxification"

Other thoughts:

"Stuff I Like" as a page header can make you sound uneducated, which you definitely are not.  Try "Personal Recommendations"

I love the use of pictures in your blog and the enthusiasm in your design and writing style.  Just remember to go through anything you write with a fine toothed comb for grammar, most times it helps to have someone else read through it too. Even the best of us miss things from time to time.

Best of luck!

Kim...

Thank you so much for the detailed review of the website.  I've been round and round with this site, however I knew additional eyes would be helpful!

Thanks again!!!

...Jack

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service