massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

I am a guitarist. I have often thought That it would be fun to play soft quiet guitar from a corner of the room during a massage. I imagine music like Michael Hedges, or similar new age style. I think the experience would be good for everyone involved, client, MT, & musician. Have you ever encountered this?

Views: 186

Replies to This Discussion

David lauterstein's cd release titled "Roots and Branches" is strictly a guitar improvisation. It was recorded LIVE as several therapists were working on clients. I encourage you to check the cd out and make the decision if you think it would be beneficial for your clients and process as a therapist/musician.
In most ritual and ceremonial sessions of the ancient world where "Healing" & "Doctoring" was taking place there was always some form of music be it chanting,drums,etc was taking place. In the more esoteric realms of healing touch therapies one utilizes crystal bowls and bells etc. with pretty amazing results for the client's well being and state of mind.
Decide for yourself if your guitar playing would be helpful in a live MT setting. Test the theory,and let us know how it turns out.
Walk in Balance
Walk in Beauty
Jason B LMT/LMTI

Thanks, Jason.  Yes, Creesab - the CD is available through me or through CDbaby.com. 

DavidL@TLCschool.com or http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/davidlauterstein  (they have it as MP3 or CD) and there's a little excerpt from the first minute of the CD.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service