a community of practitioners
I don't eat a lot of cereals, but I did find a cereal at Walmart last night called POMEGRAN PLUS GRANOLA WITH CHERRIES. It is Organic and a Vegan cereal. It contains all the granola staples plus coconut, pomegranate juice, and red sour cherries. It is pretty good. I like it. It is high in fiber and protein.
Add in garlic and cacoa, wheat germ
Always remember life is short enjoy it every day and
Thank GOD for each day !
Amazing Cucumber (This information was in The New York Times several weeks ago
as part of their "Spotlight on the Home" series that highlighted creative and
fanciful ways to solve common problems.)
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day. Just one cucumber
contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid,
Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a
cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can
provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a
along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small
pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in
the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans
but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to
the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for
a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your
skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of
Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices
before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain
enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the
body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers
have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and
explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don't
have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the
shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks
great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub
it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don't have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa?
Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the
chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber with react with the boiling water
and be released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has
been shown to reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don't have gum or mints? Take
a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue
for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phyto chemicals will kill the
bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a 'green' way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel?
Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only
will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won't leave
streaks and won't harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and
slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and
markers that the kids have used to decorate the wal