massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

All Discussions Tagged 'massage' (125)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pregnancy Massage Survey

For all of you that do Pregnancy Massage as part of your practice:  Would you mind taking 1 minute to fill out a survey about you and your…

Started by Rick Morgan

32 Aug 5, 2010
Reply by Daniel Cohen

Esalen therapeutic massage - it's now listed as a modality here!

Just thought you would like to know this...a couple of days ago "Esalen Therapeutic massage" was added as a modality at this site.  So...if…

Started by John Gelb

5 Aug 3, 2010
Reply by Jason Erickson

Moderate vs Light Pressure in Massage Therapy

There have been various studies done on the issue of moderate vs. light pressure in massage therapy, and many have concluded that moderate…

Started by Neil Jenh

1 Jul 29, 2010
Reply by Jason Erickson

Twitter at the World Massage Festival...#WMFKY

Lisa Mertz suggested we use this hashtag when tweeting from the WMF:  #WMFKYSo, stay connected even if you can't be there  :)

Started by massagenerd

0 Jun 13, 2010

Endangerment Sites: Examining fact and myth

Everyone has learned about endangerment sites, right? These are areas containing structures that lie near the body’s surface and, because o…

Started by Susan G. Salvo

12 May 31, 2010
Reply by Susan G. Salvo

Bodywork: Uncovering Word Origins

I need help with a project.   Does anyone know where the term bodywork originated and when it was first used?   Pls provide proper document…

Started by Susan G. Salvo

3 May 26, 2010
Reply by Jenny Good

Massage Career Blog - New Topics Regularly

Hi Everyone I just started a new Blog called Massage Careers I have posted articles on a variety of topics, including: Avoiding Burnout.…

Started by Gloria Coppola

7 May 5, 2010
Reply by Bradford Jay Max

Infant Massage teaching

I am a recent Massage Therapy graduate and take my licensing exam at the end of the month.I also am a Certified Infant Massage Teacher and…

Started by Angela Mandina

0 May 5, 2010

ABMP's Article, "Franchises, Their Impact on the Profession"

I received my copy of Massage and Bodywork and after reading this article, I have a lot of mixed feelings.  I found myself replying out lou…

Started by Deborah Herriage

36 Mar 28, 2010
Reply by Deborah Herriage

Creating a Fund Raiser for ANY CAUSE

I have had a huge response asking for help on how to organize and set up a fund raiser!Here is a blog I created for anyone interestedhttp:/…

Started by Gloria Coppola

1 Jan 29, 2010
Reply by Travis Alligood

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service