massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

So, has anyone else sat down and created their "things to do" list for their 2010 business plan? Just the other day I was sitting there thinking about how much I was "flying by the seat of my pants" and "rolling with the punches" this past year. Granted, this last year was a hardship for just about everyone on the planet. However, I decided that I would sit down and make a list of things to purchase or accomplish in 2010. Things that I have to have to run my business this year and things that I want to add to my business this year.
This is what I have so far:
NEEDS: Ethics course, renew insurance mid-year, renew license at the end of the year, and add more clients so I can get a bigger location.
WANTS: steam tent w/ more body treatments available, take "bodywork" ceus to help balance out 2009 "spa" ceus, add more clients so I can get a bigger location.

What have you decided to do for you and your business in 2010?

Views: 294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I may use this as my personal "keep up with it" list! Obviously, my "needs" list is non-negotiable. These are things that I absolutely have to do in order to retain my business. The "wants" list is a little more tricky. I think I have come up with a solution that should not overwhelm me too much. I have used Vlad's technique of "sub-listing" to come up with a solution to get what I "want".
In the first 6 months of this year, I would like to purchase a steam treatment apparatus, preferably the Steamy Wonder. The catch here is the price, even though it will pay for itself many times over, it is still expensive. Plus, factor in the Hubby being in construction. *cue horror music* All my income is going toward personal financial obligations over my business "wants". Which is as it should be, HOWEVER, when you are as ambitious and pig-headed as I am, there must be some compromise. So, I have decided that all "tips" shall be put in to the "Steam Bank". Hopefully, by June I will have my tent! If I have to dip in to cover an expenses *sigh*, so be it.
That brings me to the second half of the year. I will then put all tips in to the "Dalton Bank". Yes, I have decided to get Erik's course. He convinced me with a beautifully stated, 'I am not married to my own way of thinking'. Too many instructors seem to have a be-all/end-all philosophy with their treatments. It's good to be dedicated, but it is too easy to miss the trees through the forest, in my opinion. With that one statement, my decision was made.
As for clients....I can only keep treating each individual with my whole focus and dedication to meeting their end needs. With that and with the addition to my other 2 "needs", I will succeed. However, again, I am not in a dire situation that I have to move to a bigger location. This one is flexible. If I can, great. If not, there's always next year! (Bears/Cubs fan philosophy on life!) ;)

Anyone else taken a chance on themselves yet? What are you dong to improve your business in 2010?
I will then put all tips in to the "Dalton Bank". Yes, I have decided to get Erik's course. He convinced me with a beautifully stated, 'I am not married to my own way of thinking'. Too many instructors seem to have a be-all/end-all philosophy with their treatments. It's good to be dedicated, but it is too easy to miss the trees through the forest, in my opinion. With that one statement, my decision was made.

Cool - I've been thinking of a Dalton course too. It seems like he doesn't have a huge ego. That's a big plus
I actually had one of my best years yet last year and I am so busy right now with massages it is getting in the way of my websites and writing (almost!)

I have notebooks full of things-

Articles for my blog, pages for my website, a new ce website, and keep 12-15 clients a week on 3 days a week.

I am learning to use Facebook to market all my projects and my massage business (although skeptical about making friends with strangers to get clients).

I would like to do some reading and studying on how the body works and more on how muscles work to learn how to explain things even better to clients.

I hope to get to a few conventions too.

A trip to HI in the works for fun and sun!

Julie
Sound like you may have an even busier year this year! :) Great idea keeping notebooks! I do that as well. Sometimes I just have to write down that passing thought, because you never know where it may lead.

Julie Onofrio said:
I actually had one of my best years yet last year and I am so busy right now with massages it is getting in the way of my websites and writing (almost!)

I have notebooks full of things-
Just a note here--there was a discussion elsewhere on here about the Steamy Wonder. Some of the responses included links to sites on how to build one yourself. If your husband's in construction, that ought to make things considerably easier all 'round--not to mention cheaper.

Marissa Macias said:
In the first 6 months of this year, I would like to purchase a steam treatment apparatus, preferably the Steamy Wonder. The catch here is the price, even though it will pay for itself many times over, it is still expensive. Plus, factor in the Hubby being in construction.
That was from Crystal! :) She's a genius in the making of a steam tent, for sure. However, for me, it's more than just the tent itself. I'm greedy and want the products too! ;)

Erica Olson said:
Just a note here--there was a discussion elsewhere on here about the Steamy Wonder. Some of the responses included links to sites on how to build one yourself. If your husband's in construction, that ought to make things considerably easier all 'round--not to mention cheaper.

Marissa Macias said:
In the first 6 months of this year, I would like to purchase a steam treatment apparatus, preferably the Steamy Wonder. The catch here is the price, even though it will pay for itself many times over, it is still expensive. Plus, factor in the Hubby being in construction.
my massage teacher does not wqant me to practice reiki on the grounds of appollo college any more she wants me to stick to massage only on campus because of liability reasons i used the ch co ray and a femail student had a unexpected emotional release i did not even think abbput the say he ki
Marissa Macias said:
I forgot one! I just started re-reading Andrew Biel's, Trail Guide to the Body. Great read for MTs to brush up on their anatomy!
it is the schools lose but i will practice whenever the opertunty comes along to both teach and give reiki 1st degree attunments when ever i can

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service