massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Grooviest hair in the profession - Dalton, Hinkle or Baltz?

This is a pretty big question, I know.

It may not be as serious as commenting on the latest release of the MTBOK (something we ALL should be doing since it will have a major impact on our profession), but it's still something we should think about and ponder while we're in the shampoo aisle.

OK so, here are the nominations:

Erik Dalton PhD

Mike Hinkle

Bruce Baltz

Steve Capellini

Yamuna Zake

John Barnes

Chip Hines

Christopher A. Moyer PhD

Gloria Coppola

TO VOTE:   Click here

THE SURVEY WILL BE OPEN UNTIL MARCH 3rd. 

ALSO, the MTBOK comment period is open until March 8th, but please don't leave it 'til the last minute.

I'll keep you update on the "who's in the lead" every couple of days (along with a wee reminder to COMMENT ON THE MTBOK!!!  I might add a joke or two here and there). 

Please feel free to put the link all over the place.

May all your locks be lovely and may you never have a bad hair day.

MTBOK = serious stuff.

Lovely hair = not that serious.

Views: 926

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But he's got that wee ponytail. It's cute in the video!

OK, so if people have missed the initial post, you can Click here to vote
Just placed my vote for Yamuna
Geoffrey: The upside of having twice broken my nasal bone is that I can now harvest unilateral long nose hair.

The secret in developing great neuroplasticity and reflex entrainment qualities in one's hair is inversion, Moroccan Oil, and a two-headed thumper. For additional lift, simply duck tape an electical stim unit around the neck and attach electrodes to various sites on the scalp...no more than 20 minutes 2X a day. Other home-retraining exercises, mouse tips and evidence-based supplement suggestions can be accessed at www.NeuroCollagen.com

Geoffrey Bishop said:
I have seen Erik do his hair up, even loaned him product. The coolest thing is, he can adjust his hair and itch his head, and it looks just as weird and cool. I vote for Dalton, now if ya wanna talk nose hair, we got a whole new deal! Or, what is in your favorite educators bag of vitamins and minerals and supplements.....and what is in their pocket? Now that's a story...
I'll give an update tonight on the latest.

Voting is anonymous, so if you're nominated you can vote for yourself, no one will ever know - not even me.
Ok squirrel, I just voted. You know who we missed? Gloria Coppola; she has gorgeus, red locks!

Vlad said:
I'll give an update tonight on the latest.

Voting is anonymous, so if you're nominated you can vote for yourself, no one will ever know - not even me.
Robin....och...I should have had Gloria on there.
Know what?
I'm going to see if I can add her...
OK.....I've added Gloria, but I can't add any more names after today since then it would get too confusing.

ANYWAY.........drum roll please......after the first day we have 2 leaders with equal numbers of votes and they are: Yamuna and the sciencey guy in the white coat (Dr. Moyer aka CAM).

Isn't it exciting?
Coming in at a close second is the man with the winning smile that's doing a lot of work at the MTBOK, Chip Hines.

I think we might need to call in some Daltonites and some stoners from the Baltz crowd - hot stoners, that is. I don't even know if Bruce knows he's in the running.

Feel free to put a link to the survey your blogs/facebook etc. The good news is that on question 2 of the questionnaire some people have given comments back to the MTBOK and everyone else has said that they intend to give feedback.

Everyone should be aware that if you indicated that you INTEND to give comments and you DON'T, then you might be attacked by a squad of impaling red squirrels next time you're in the park. :)
Terry - Chip definitely would be in the running for best smile.

OK, so MTBOK TALK TIME.

Know what's cool about the fact that they're looking for comments? The way I look at it is that by giving comments back, we're doing our bit with the politics in the massage world without really having to get involved with politics - sounds weird, I know. Since this document is like the big kahuna reference book for the whole profession then users of it will include those that are dealing with legislation. So. If most MTs are like me and don't particularly love politics, but still recognize that we need to pay attention to it because it affects our businesses, then giving comments on the document will indirectly affect legislation - so that's it. Giving input on politics without having to be political? Sounds good to me.

The other thing it'll have a big impact on? Education.

The MTBOK FAQ page has a lot of good info on it if anyone wants to know a bit more.

OK, so I'll be back again tomorrow night with the news on how the voting is going for the MOST PRESTIGIOUS TITLE in the world of massage therapy.
So.
Big news tonight.

The Daltonites have come into the picture.

Erik has sprinted into the lead.
Followed closely by the other Doc (Moyer).
Chip and Yamuna are in third place.

I'm beginning to wonder if PhD really stands for Pulchritudinous hair Doctor.

We're starting to see a bit more of a mix on the second question on the voting, with some people saying they won't be giving feedback, which is cool since they're being honest. Most people are planning on giving comments though, so that's good!
LOL. For a quick explanation of Pulchritudinous we can always count on U-Tube.

Vlad said:
So.
Big news tonight.

Followed closely by the other Doc (Moyer).
Chip and Yamuna are in third place.

I'm beginning to wonder if PhD really stands for Pulchritudinous hair Doctor.

We're starting to see a bit more of a mix on the second question on the voting, with some people saying they won't be giving feedback, which is cool since they're being honest. Most people are planning on giving comments though, so that's good!
Robin - that youtube clip was something else. :) You made me laugh in the middle of a hectic day - thanks!

OK, so the standings are still the same and there were very few votes today, so PLEASE feel free to add a link to your blogs/facebook pages etc. I'm sure many of us have friends on facebook that are MTs that aren't on here.

the link: www.surveymonkey.com/s/FW6LRWL

Since the second q has to do the with MTBOK, there's an option on there for "I'm not in the MT profession" - so even if you just want your gal/guy to win you can urge your buddies to vote on the groovy factor - it's all just for fun.
If your buddies are in the profession, the questionnaire might drive them to the MTBOK site and maybe, just maybe give comments - it's always worth a shot.

Anyone know where I can get a "hairy" frame for a certificate?
Yes, there will be a certificate for the MOST PRESTIGIOUS TITLE IN THE MASSAGE PROFESSION.

I wonder if Les Sweeney would send the link to everyone in ABMP?
I should have had him on the list, shouldn't I?
I gotta admit, I'm a Dalton hair fan.

But only when he's rockin' the mad scientist look.

Vlad said:
So.
Big news tonight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service