massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=OhBtGlEETUWwi9h5olkCGQ_3d_3d

Please help me compile this information. I'd like more than a 1,000 if possible. Sure it is!
Your participation is MOST appreciated.
Remember you do not have to answer all the questions and Page 2 is "optional". Page two is for those employed only, NOT Self Employed!The survey company automatically includes Page 2 and I was unable to edit or delete. SO it IS OPTIONAL!
Pass it on to your colleagues too.

The intention is to publish this research to assist
Future LMT's, educators, employers and anyone else interested in the statistics of the massage industry!
I want to give you a voice to share your thoughts and experiences.

The Survey will end November 29, 2009

Updates will be posted on this discussion throughout the survey and final results will be provided once all information is compiled and reviewed.

FYI! I am also conducting private interviews with owners of franchises, spas, schools, massage therapists etc. Interested? Contact me.

I will also be including a few interviews from employers and LMT's. Want to participate? Contact me massageproce@gmail.com

Thanks, Gloria

Views: 961

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Over 40% of the people responding to this survey have been practicing massage for 1-5 years.

What are most people wanting their "employers" to do? Update rooms or make them larger
Here's a few more top responses coming in.
What challenges to 'employers' have that they feel their staff doesn't understand?
1. Cost of overhead and expenses and the long hours it takes to run a business.

What do massage therapists like the most about their profession? This response sums it up so far.
1.Being able to help my clients become more self-aware, helping them nourish and rejunivate themselves, seeing them leave better than when they entered the office and being a part of their experiencing the fullest health potential - body,mind, and spirit.

Keep 'em coming! We need LOTS more
Seeking LMT's from the West Coast, South West and North West to participate in the survey.

SouthEast is Rocking right now with the highest participation and Mid WEst coming in 2nd.

Some more Results!

1. 92 % of the survey participants look for massage resources on the Internet, with massage publications coming in 2nd.

2. 79% of the participants have taken the NCBTMB exam
A wonderful comment found on the survey.

"We need to start supporting each other. Every type of massage work is beneficial to someone. We need to stop seeing other therapists as "competition" but honor the hard dedication of all therapists. We also need to learn to team with each other and with other health care professionals. I have really tried to get this message out to every therapist at my classes and at conventions."
A wonderful comment found on the survey.

"We need to start supporting each other. Every type of massage work is beneficial to someone. We need to stop seeing other therapists as "competition" but honor the hard dedication of all therapists. We also need to learn to team with each other and with other health care professionals. I have really tried to get this message out to every therapist at my classes and at conventions."
Another comment from the survey:

"I have a concern with the massage schools not being held accountable and responsible for providing quality education. When new grads with 600 hours tell me they are certified and qualified in Lymphatic Drainage, Pregnancy, Shiatsu, Cupping, Myofascial Release, Sports Massage, Geriatrics, Trigger Point and Neuromuscular Therapy, I shudder. What kind of chinese nesting box is this? How can they do this? They can't but, the grads do not know this and are not focused on any continuing education because they think they know it all."
Another recent comment!

We need to live what we preach to cour clients. If we expect cleints to come regularly, we as therapists need to get massage regularly too. If we are not willing to pay the price for massage, what are we saying about ourselves? We need to really KNOW what we do and educate, educate, educate.
Comment from how would you improve your massage career?

"I would like a magic wand to reverse the damage in bodies challenged by bad personal habits
Employer Challenges

1.Having them understand I can not build a client relationship for them. If they are having a bad day, they need to leave it outside of the office.
2. The dedication and education it take to create a successfull business

If you could improve your career what would you do?
1.I would have my own dedicated location and also a lot more continuing education under my belt.
2.Create a website.
3,I would hope to be covered up client wise.. constantly meeting new clients and not work in a field where theres so much variable that goes into it ie: the economy, people getting sick, cancelling, thinking massage is a luxury, life in general getting in the way of them coming in.

What do clients like the most about your sessions!
1. 70% = Therapeutic

78% took the NCBTMB exam

More coming as you keep putting your comments!
Thanks....keep telling others! Needs lots more
Best things about working in a spa!

Flexible Schedule
Environment & Ambience
Meeting people from all over the world!
Those in private practice sell:

BioFreeze
Skin care products
Lumbar support
Incense, Cd's and soaps

Most Responded - Over 50% , they do not sell any products
The Majority that are "EMPLOYED" say there working conditions of Great to Good! Yeah!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service