massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sounds good to me. :)
Sure makes me feel better, with all the doom and gloom, I have been hearing lately!
well more doom and gloom for everyone means more stress...means more need for massage. :)
Such a wonderful article.
It's only going to get better, Darcy!

Darcy Neibaur said:
Such a wonderful article.

I think it is the biggest crock - how can $12 an hour make a living even?  It says it is a good career an then it says that most just work part time.  They forgot to leave out how may times you will be accosted by a male looking for extra favors, men with harry backs and people who smell bad...

What the heck does this mean?

"Massage therapists held about 122,400 jobs in 2008, and more than half were self-employed."  Were half of the 122, 400 self employed?  I don't think they have any statistics on how many are actually working and how many are self employed.  There aren't any accurate statistics tracking salaries and income except for surveys by AMTA and ABMP both of which say different things.

Saying this makes this profession more attractive to the kids right out of high school which I don't think is a good thing.  I think they should go to college and get a degree in business if they want to be a massage therapist.  The average age of  massage therapists is about 45 - I don't think the schools are equipped to handle teaching youngsters which is part of the problems in the profession along with the increase of the number of massage schools which have left the massage schools lacking in quality education. I could go on but I'll save it for my book!

Julie

www.massage-career-guides.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service