massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Brainstorming ideas on how to raise money for the Massage Therapy Foundation

OK, so I recently had a  clickfest around the MTF website and got a wave of guilt.

They have a list on the site of contributors to the MTF last year and my name isn't on it.  There's a reason for that.  I didn't give them anything.

Most people already know that the MTF is involved in providing grants for research, but they do much more than that.  They provide therapeutic massage to people in need, education and provide us with a free open access journal. 

So I was thinking of ways in which I could give.  I could just write them a check, but I was also thinking of maybe doing something cool once a quarter and giving the proceeds to the MTF while providing massage too. 

They have some information on different ways people can donate on their site (CE providers can donate proceeds from a class, for example), but I was just wondering if anyone had some interesting ideas on what we can do in our businesses.

I know that a lot of people got involved in helping raise money for Haiti and maybe this is the wrong time to throw this on the board, but I'm doing it anyway! 

Thoughts?

Views: 371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice Photo. I need to put you in contact with my hubby He is a biker as well.

Christopher A. Moyer said:

He's even on a Triumph.
Steve McQueen comes to mind!
Hey Christopher you a biker !

I'll just have to forgive those physco/skeptical tendancies after all !

The Fonz lives :)

Christopher A. Moyer said:

Terry,
Great idea for a prize - he might have to make do with a t-shirt tho'. But then again.....other things are springing to mind.....hmmmm. I'm going to have a wee thinky about this......

I'm going to be off the board for a while since I'm going on vacation for a week and will be unable to access the internet, but I hope the ideas will keep on flowing on how to raise money for the MTF.
Just don't think that I'm ignoring anyone .
Can you take me with you?? Pleeeeeaaaassseeee????? ;) I so need a vacation..

Have fun!! And enjoy the lack of communication..what I wouldn't give to run away with my fiance for a week without any way for people to contact me..*keeps dreaming* (it's been one of those weeks..)

Vlad said:
Terry,
Great idea for a prize - he might have to make do with a t-shirt tho'. But then again.....other things are springing to mind.....hmmmm. I'm going to have a wee thinky about this......

I'm going to be off the board for a while since I'm going on vacation for a week and will be unable to access the internet, but I hope the ideas will keep on flowing on how to raise money for the MTF.
Just don't think that I'm ignoring anyone .
Great ideas here, should generate some creativity for October! Ten bucks from each of us could make a difference. Or maybe we could each donate the proceeds from the tenth person we massage that week.

Love that bike, Christopher--I used to have one of those in red! Great fun, and please be careful without a helmut...at the hospital they call those "donor mobiles."

Happy St. Patrick' Day to all...guess I'll step in as the token Irish since Vlad is off having fun elsewhere!
Love that bike, Christopher--I used to have one of those in red! Great fun, and please be careful without a helmut...at the hospital they call those "donor mobiles."

Thanks. And I agree with you about helmets. I only occasionally putter around the neighborhood without one.
Just a quickie from the squirrel - Happy St. Paddy's day, everybody!

Oh, and just to keep this thread interesting while I'm working on a wee thing in my free time (which isn't much since it's that post-vacation backlog of clients) can y'all give me an Irish joke - BAD OR GOOD - just for fun?

Bring it! Even if it's a "thick Mick" joke. I can take it!
Just to start it off:

Whats a 7 course meal for an Irishman?
A 6 pack and a potato.
Vlad, we missed ya!

Did you hear about the Irish newlyweds who sat up all night on their honeymoon waiting for their sexual relations to arrive?
Nice one!
Everyone must be out drinking green beer!
Thanks for the jibjab card, Robin - what a laugh.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service