massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

This story on Mariah Carey supposedly getting an eight-hour massage for $1,500 came through my email inbox recently: "Exclusive: Mariah Carey Spends $1,500 on Eight-Hour Massage"

Granted, it's in US Weekly, so it might not be true, but either way it provokes an interesting discussion.

First of all, do you think an eight-hour long massage would be beneficial, healthy, or even safe for the person receiving the massage? How about for the massage therapist--would it be possible to give an eight-hour long massage without over-stressing your body from the work? If someone offered you $1,500 for an eight-hour massage, would you give it a shot?

I'm really curious to see what you all think of this...

Views: 234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd definitely give it a shot!  It wouldn't be all hard work......what client would remain alert for 8 hours on the table?  Light effleurage, cranio-sacral, foot "rub", all these things could be done.  I'd need some way to take breaks though.

BTW I checked "Snopes" to see if this was reported there as urban legend, but it didn't show.  There are a couple of other things about Mariah Carey though, fictitious quotes that  make her look callous and stupid, that have permeated the media in the past.  Sad. She does have a great voice!

I think I could use one. But I can't afford it.

Good questions. I have no idea if it would be 'safe' but if offered that kind of cash, I would give it a go.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service