massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/09/120911091100.htm

This Android tablet is thowing me off.. If that link above works.. You can see how much money is involved with pain. The cost is huge. The curent status of our profession is no where near its maximum potential.  Once any underlying pathology is ruled out.  Its soft tissue work all the way. I know that.  Our education system should reflect that mindset.  Otherwise there will be more $30,000.00 tuitions and $12.00 an hour jobs.  

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well the link didn't work sorry.. Go to  www.sciencedaily.com   and look up- Chronic pain costs US. Up to $635 billion, study shows.  Massage is well accepted for stress reduction, but not for pain removal.  Ever longer schooling, more test levels and requierments, working under Chiropractors and Physical therapists treatment plans is not going to do it.  $30,000.00 tuitions and $12.00 an hour jobs, won't do it either.  Its billions of dollars of pain out there.  And they are training people for $12.00 an hour jobs???  I just fixed a doctor that a highly educated physical therapist couldn't fix. Not bragging.. My goodness all I did was find sore spots on his shoulders and make them go away. Gawd knows what was in the mind of the physical therapist?  And this is not an isolated case.. Its wide spread accros this nation..  $12 dollars an hour.  Give me a break.  I think very differently about our profession.  So much undirected potential within our license.. Oh well.

I remember a long time ago. Gosh maybe 25 years ago when I worked in this chiropractic office on Maui. There was this old guy, maybe 69 years old.  Anyway he would come in every week for an adjustment.. He walked with a liimp. I figured his low back and hip hurt. One day I had some extra time  and met him in the waiting room.  He told me that his feet hurt so much that he went to the medical doctors. They told him he had Plantar Fasciitis, and needed surgery.. I  asked him if he ever had a foot massage.. he  said no.  I asked the chiropractor if I could spend a few minutes working on this guys feet.   He said yea sure.. So I took him in my room.  He kicked his shoes off, layed on his back, and I started rubbing his feet.. They were stiff as boards.. I remember him oohing and aweeing as I worked on his feet.. I told him.   I dont think you need surgery?.. After about 15 minutes I stopped because it was time for his adjustment( I doubt if he needed that).. But anyway he said.. Gordon, my feet dont hurt any more.. lol  I think you are right.. I don't need surgery... he came back in next week for another foot massage and told me he  doesnt need surrgery now. That was 25 years ago. Im a much more experienced therapist now. I've always been attracted to educators that empowered therapists, and taught truth.. I study from them.  www.mrtherapy.com/articles/index.html     And there are other systems out there that trash pain.. that are highly effective.  Our education system needs to change.  There is a 365 billion dollar pain industry money thing out there.  And a fair percentage of it, is like that old guy with the sore feet.  Our educators need to empower and teach that mind set.. Instead the teach how to fit in.. to work for. Run to the doctor if you think you might have carpal tunnel.  Read that guys articles.  We should be the go to guys for the ache and pain industry. Gosh $12 an hour.  Who's fault is that?  Not mine.

Gordon J. Wallis said:

Well the link didn't work sorry.. Go to  www.sciencedaily.com   and look up- Chronic pain costs US. Up to $635 billion, study shows.  Massage is well accepted for stress reduction, but not for pain removal.  Ever longer schooling, more test levels and requierments, working under Chiropractors and Physical therapists treatment plans is not going to do it.  $30,000.00 tuitions and $12.00 an hour jobs, won't do it either.  Its billions of dollars of pain out there.  And they are training people for $12.00 an hour jobs???  I just fixed a doctor that a highly educated physical therapist couldn't fix. Not bragging.. My goodness all I did was find sore spots on his shoulders and make them go away. Gawd knows what was in the mind of the physical therapist?  And this is not an isolated case.. Its wide spread accros this nation..  $12 dollars an hour.  Give me a break.  I think very differently about our profession.  So much undirected potential within our license.. Oh well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service