massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Massage product. Seeking recommendations for long-lasting, nongreasy cream or lotion.

Hello.  I am seeking a long-lasting, non-greasy cream or lotion and would appreciate hearing about your experiences good or bad with such products. 

 

I would prefer using a nonscented product but would settle for a lightly-scented product if it is non-greasy and relatively long lasting.  I have done some research and found a Soma Silk cream product that seems interesting.  The main problem that was mentioned in the comments about this product is that on some clients it may cause "little balls" of dry skin to form.

 

Thank you for any suggestions you have and for sharing your experiences with the products you have used.

Views: 1111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have used creams and lotions before and have tried pretty much all of them.  The only one we have found that doesn't ball up and feels good on the skin is Biotone Naturale Cream or Bon Vitals Naturale cream.  I personally use Jojoba oil now because you only need a tiny bit to coat the skin, it works great for Swedish, Stone and Deep Tissue massages so you only need one medium.  The important thing to remember is not to use too much of the product which is very common for new therapists.  Hope this helps.
Soothing Touch! I love their products. I used Biotone for ten years, then I won a gallon of ST at a convention, and I switched. A very environmentally conscious company, too.
I've tried a few different things, but always go back to Biotone. The only issue I have with them is that I prefer the Arnica and Ivy cream for deeper tissue work, but refilling the tube is a total pain and it causes the tube to malfunction, which can be embarrassing during a massage when it flies across the room and hits something. The Chamomile and Lavender lotion is really nice, but it's definitely scented.
Alyson, have you tried instead of the tube they sell, to use a pump bottle or a jar instead?

Alyson Schlobohm said:
I've tried a few different things, but always go back to Biotone. The only issue I have with them is that I prefer the Arnica and Ivy cream for deeper tissue work, but refilling the tube is a total pain and it causes the tube to malfunction, which can be embarrassing during a massage when it flies across the room and hits something. The Chamomile and Lavender lotion is really nice, but it's definitely scented.
Massage Gnome, Laura, Rick and Alyson thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.  There are so many products available it is nice to be able to narrow the group down to a few that other people have used and had positive experiences.

I want to chime in with my all time favorite.  I have used Soothing Touch, Bon Vital, and Biotone creams - and the are all great.  However, Sacred Earth Botanicals cream is outstanding!   A little goes a long way (and it should for the price).

 

I am in love with Pure Touch Biotone - Organic Cream...my preference
Ive been using lotus touch multi purpose massage creme, it has some oil mixed in and the glide last, and a little goes a long way. It has some coloring (green tint) but there is no smell. I love this product!
I am in love with Pure Touch Organic Cream by Biotone, as well.  I have tried a variety of products, but keep returning to Biotone.

Lucianna Johnston said:
I am in love with Pure Touch Biotone - Organic Cream...my preference
I have been massage for 6 yr and the best cream is bon vital all-purpose creme
Wow, talk about a delayed reaction! (I never sign up for notifications on any site). I did try a pump and it was even more of a pain - refilling and "pumping". I use jars for other reasons but prefer to keep my cream in my holster, so basically I'll just keep using it and complaining about it ;)

Massage Gnome said:
Alyson, have you tried instead of the tube they sell, to use a pump bottle or a jar instead?

Alyson Schlobohm said:
I've tried a few different things, but always go back to Biotone. The only issue I have with them is that I prefer the Arnica and Ivy cream for deeper tissue work, but refilling the tube is a total pain and it causes the tube to malfunction, which can be embarrassing during a massage when it flies across the room and hits something. The Chamomile and Lavender lotion is really nice, but it's definitely scented.

I second the Sacred Earth botanicals. Organic, all natural, long lasting. The only downside is that for me, I have to mix the lotion and cream to get the consistency that I want. The creme is much too slippery for deep work and the lotion is too thin. Every weekend, I mix equal amounts of both to make my bottles for the week. Mixed together, they provide the perfect blend of what I want. I've been fortunate to find a chemist/herbalist who runs a shop near my office and she has offered to help me create my own blend with the consistency I like for a nominal fee.

 

I used to enjoy Biotone (as did my clients) but I didn't enjoy the parabens in the lotions and cremes. Their organic blend is questionable as well. I'll have to re-read the ingredient list to remember what it was I didn't like about that one.

 

We all have our own favorites for a variety of reasons. I recommend that you order samples from various companies and play around to determine what YOU like!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service