a community of practitioners
I kind of figured he was getting into crunch time! Pass the word that I think he needs to do this more than once a year though- maybe take the festival on the road and do 4 a year LOL
Darcy Neibaur said:Lara the site is wonderful. I have been amazed at all the learning I have received because others are so willing to share their experience.
Rick, Mike will probably be back. 30 days out from the World Massage Festival is a very busy time for him and Cindy getting the Bridge Builder together and Printed plus last limit other items that take priority.
How about a wkly or monthly case study?
This will help sharpen our critical thinking skills.
And more of Laura Allen…
Wish we could "preview" comments prior to posting. Got used to this feature on another "sharing" site called BaseCamp. Maybe a spell checker too?
And thanks Lara for all you do. I have enjoyed the online collaboration. And met some awesome folks!
Ariana's Responses to Lara's Questions
* Why did you join Massageprofessionals.com? To network about professional massage therapy and to find out about continuing education opportunities. It's a great site and I love it very much. You're doing a wonderful job.
* Are your expectations being met? I would say, yes, my expectations are being met and exceeded most of the time. This group provides wonderful opportunities for learning, growing and networking.
* What do you love about this site? I love the feeling of community and the easy connectivity with people around the world. I've recommended the site to over a thousand massage therapists. That's how much I believe in it.
* What's not working? Three things that aren't working: (1) We are not able to find out about any CE classes other than those offered by ABMP. We feel that this exclusion of everyone except ABMP is detrimental to the entire population of the site. For example if a person is interested in studying oncology massage and would like to know about M.D. Anderson Hospital's program and Tracy Walton's program, it is impossible to search for information on this site because ABMP has the exclusive on providing information regarding CE classes and sharing information about CE classes is prohibited on this site by ABMP. (2) We can't communicate via group e-mails with people in our friends list if the list is over a certain number of people. Many of us did not know that there was a low limit on the number of friends we can communicate with via group e-mails and, once we had many friends in our list on this site, we suddenly discovered that we could not communicate with anyone via group e-mails because we were over the limit. (3) A few technical issues come up from time to time that could be better addressed. For example, for some people it is impossible to upload images. I had that problem months ago and it is still an ongoing issue.
* What can we do to make it better/more relevant to practitioners? It is very relevant to practitioners. I love the fact that the people who participate in this site are professionals who share a common interest. It is an amazing site. You've done a wonderful job of bringing the community of bodyworkers and massage practitioners together.
* What do you think would inspire others to join? Follow Massage Magazine's lead and when something interesting happens on the site or when there is a particularly relevant posting, share it on other social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and MySpace.
* Other comments, thoughts, insights? I notice that Les left Facebook and said we could communicate with him on this site; however, I have not received any messages or postings from him via this site. I miss hearing from him. I find his posts informative, interesting and relevant.
You guys rock!