massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

So, I originally lost about 80 pounds. Then over the last year, I got lazy. No sugar coating this. LAZY! I literally stopped everything all at the same time. Exercising, watching what I eat, drinking enough water....EVERYTHING! Now you would think that a person who got control wouldn't lose it, correct? Wrong. The sad part is there was no "trigger". I just got lazy. So, here I go again. I'm going to use this as my personal log. Each day I plan on blogging what I ate, how I exercised, how I feel, and at the end of each week I'll post my loss or gain. I played with this for awhile on here, but now I have the "bug" and will actually do it. My doctor told me at my last physical that if I got to 170lbs. I would be at my "ideal weight". I'm going to give it my best! Please feel free to comment or just enjoy the ride. And if you feel inspired..... there's an "Add Discussion" box right below. :)

Views: 171

Replies to This Discussion

Marissa,

I think you are doing the very best you can. You have already made some terrific improvements in your routine, it isn't all or nothing. I used to feel that way that if I didn't work out an hour a day or eat 5 times a day, I was a loser. Not so! You are doing great and you are certainly motivated. If it wasn't for that damn job, we could plan our meals and work out to our hearts content ;) But we can't. We still have to do our daily routines. Fitting in exercise and healthy meals and snacks are a challenge. It can be done though. Keep up the good work!
Hi,
I have had a weight problem for a couple of years. Let me explain! 6 years ago I fell off a roof (25 ft.) shattered my L ankle and broke both tibia and fibula. I had 9 operations, set in a wheel for about a year. Developed MERSA, and almost lost my leg. I am fully recovered now but have a fused ankle, but I am walking, and in school now. I gained over 100 lbs due to inactivity and such. Last summer I started the Alli diet, and have lost over 40 lbs. I am loosing about 3 lbs. a week. I am more active with School and now I exercise at home 3x a week. When I started Massage school I weighed 303lbs. I am down to 260. As a result of all this extra adipose tissue, I have borderline high blood pressure that I am now being treated for. All I can say is I am determened to loose at liest 40 more lbs. Massage school opened my eyes and saved my life!!!
Aside from the fall, that's awesome! Glad to hear that a bad situation ended up with a good turn-around! Keep up with the good work! We're all here as a support network, so do what you need to do and say what you need to say! WELCOME!

Daniel Lopes said:
Hi,
I have had a weight problem for a couple of years. Let me explain! 6 years ago I fell off a roof (25 ft.) shattered my L ankle and broke both tibia and fibula. I had 9 operations, set in a wheel for about a year. Developed MERSA, and almost lost my leg. I am fully recovered now but have a fused ankle, but I am walking, and in school now. I gained over 100 lbs due to inactivity and such. Last summer I started the Alli diet, and have lost over 40 lbs. I am loosing about 3 lbs. a week. I am more active with School and now I exercise at home 3x a week. When I started Massage school I weighed 303lbs. I am down to 260. As a result of all this extra adipose tissue, I have borderline high blood pressure that I am now being treated for. All I can say is I am determened to loose at liest 40 more lbs. Massage school opened my eyes and saved my life!!!
DAY 12

I can't even hardly remember yesterday, I was so busy! I know that I did not work out, which I expected.

Breakfast: coffee w/ ff creamer, mulit-grain cereal w/ cranberries and almonds 2% milk
Snack: none
Lunch: McD's (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW), but it was 3 in the afternoon and, starving, all will power was gone.
Dinner: around 7, I had a Spicy Sicilian Tuna Wrap
Water: 96 ounces

Note: My day literally did not go as planned and got completely away from me. Stick some healthy snacks in the car for these emergencies so I am not tempted to go the drive through route.
Day 13

Another hectic day. I did lose .60 lbs this week though.

Breakfast: multi-grain cereal w/ cranberries and almonds 2% milk, coffee w/ ff creamer
Snack: chips
Lunch: chicken sandwich
Dinner: 1 1/2 slices birthday party pizza (the world is against me, but I didn't have cake and ice cream)

Note: I'm really starting to be glad about the fact that I have scheduled Pilates classes. That may be the only way I'm going to get any actual work outs in!
Thanks Rick! The plan is stable. Implementing is the key! ;)

Rick Britton said:
marissa

as i used to say to say to my personal training clients... just put it behind you and get back on the plan...

right behind you!!

Marissa Macias said:
DAY 12

I can't even hardly remember yesterday, I was so busy! I know that I did not work out, which I expected.

Breakfast: coffee w/ ff creamer, mulit-grain cereal w/ cranberries and almonds 2% milk
Lunch: McD's (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW), but it was 3 in the afternoon and, starving, all will power was gone.
Dinner: around 7, I had a Spicy Sicilian Tuna Wrap

Note: My day literally did not go as planned and got completely away from me. Stick some healthy snacks in the car for these emergencies so I am not tempted to go the drive through route.
Thank you my friend!!!!

Marissa Macias said:
Aside from the fall, that's awesome! Glad to hear that a bad situation ended up with a good turn-around! Keep up with the good work! We're all here as a support network, so do what you need to do and say what you need to say! WELCOME!

Daniel Lopes said:
Hi,
Day 14

Sunday. That is my free day. I don't work, the only day I don't work. I don't even think about working out or watching what I eat. This usually leads to an OMG Monday morning weigh-in. However, if I don't have a "free" day, I crack BIG TIME. So, since holidays and birthdays (I hope) are all over for now, I shouldn't have much issue keeping to the Sunday routine. After a long discussion with Rick Britton last night, I have a slightly new approach. I was making weekly goals and not succeeding. He suggested using 6 and 12 week goal. IE: In 6 weeks, I would like to have lost 5 pounds. In 12 weeks, I would like to lose 10 pounds. For me, it takes a little of the weekly stress out of the equation. It still remains to be seen if I can do it that way. It's worth a shot! So, on "Day 56" or Feb 20th, I will have lost 5 pounds.

Note: Tomorrow is my first day of Pilates. Apprehensive and excited at the same time.
I started on Jan 4th which was Monday so it has been almost one week. Stopped all gluten and lightened up on the dairy. I do not eat after 7 pm anymore which is hard since I work a lot of later shifts, just have to plan ahead. Drinking water in stead of diet soda and taking my supplements. The big problem is not working out enough, but I did put on my new Sketchers Shape ups to work in. Doing massage while wearing them was a bit of a challenge but I adjusted quickly. I did feel my calves burning a little bit last night, We will see how it feels after my busy day today.

My scale is broken so I can't weight myself yet. When I go to the Y tomorrow I will hunt down their scale and step on it. I already feel like my belly bloat is going away! Here's hoping!
That's great, Pat! Keep up the good work! I was actually looking in to getting a pair of those Sketchers myself. Let me know how they work out for you, pun intended.

>Pat Ward said:
I started on Jan 4th which was Monday so it has been almost one week. Stopped all gluten and lightened up on the dairy. I do not eat after 7 pm anymore which is hard since I work a lot of later shifts, just have to plan ahead. Drinking water in stead of diet soda and taking my supplements. The big problem is not working out enough, but I did put on my new Sketchers Shape ups to work in. Doing massage while wearing them was a bit of a challenge but I adjusted quickly. I did feel my calves burning a little bit last night, We will see how it feels after my busy day today.

My scale is broken so I can't weight myself yet. When I go to the Y tomorrow I will hunt down their scale and step on it. I already feel like my belly bloat is going away! Here's hoping!
Monday, Jan 11th

Pilates instructor had to cancel. Bummer.

Breakfast: coffee w/ ff creamer, oatmeal, banana
Lunch: beef stew
Dinner: Turkey Picadillo w/ quinoa
Tuesday, January 12th

Well, Rick, I'm glad you liked yesterday, because today was awful! I ran around like an idiot all day and was doing the grab and go. One bite here, one bite there. The only actual sit down meal was breakfast.

Breakfast: multi-grain cereal w/ almonds and cranberries w/ 2% milk (have to use it up, I'm the only one that eats it!), banana, coffee w/ ff creamer
Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack: Large salad mixed greens w/ carrots, tomatoes, light dressing, bowl of stew (again w/ me being the only one to eat it), fresh pineapple
Water: 120 ounces

Exercise: 45 minute Pilates session! FINALLY.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service