massage and bodywork professionals

a community of practitioners

Name the muscle that attaches to the scapula beginning with the letter O ? Ask your educator or search the web !

Can you name this muscle and its action and attachments ? If you know you can answere this question you must then ask another muscle question = A with a Q
Keep the A+Q chain running ! get that brain working, clues can be action, origin or insertion orientated.

Views: 268

Replies to This Discussion

ok... longus capitis -- the deep neck flexor

Question: name three muscles attaching to the medial cuneiform

Stephen Jeffrey said:
Hi Jaya, you may have to drop in and put us out of our misery re

Q. what muscle attaches at the transverse processes of C3-5 and the occiput?

and ask another ?
I have been away for a while. Has anyone answered longus capitis yet? And...did anyone answer my question about putting the hand in the small of the back for palpation of the levator scapulae? - Joe
PS Maybe I am not the best at knowing how to reply in the best place, but I am a bit confused by the layout of this... :(

Stephen Jeffrey said:

and ask another ?
Oops! longus capitis was answered... sorry... I will leave the medial (1st) cuneiform for someone else to answer...

Jaya Jeff Sims said:
ok... longus capitis -- the deep neck flexor

Question: name three muscles attaching to the medial cuneiform

Stephen Jeffrey said:

and ask another ?
i agree Joe. the comment thread's organization is hard to follow and i wish the message sent to my e-mail inbox included the text of the posting.

Joseph E. Muscolino said:
I have been away for a while. Has anyone answered longus capitis yet? And...did anyone answer my question about putting the hand in the small of the back for palpation of the levator scapulae? - Joe
PS Maybe I am not the best at knowing how to reply in the best place, but I am a bit confused by the layout of this... :(

Stephen Jeffrey said:

and ask another ?
Hi Jaya and Joseph I agree its not easy to follow (especially when we start debating the question which is great) I will do my best to keep things tidy.

Jaya's Question: name three muscles attaching to the medial cuneiform
Answer assumes "Medial" Cuneiform = 1st Cuneiform:
Tibialis Anterior
Tibialis Posterior
Fibularis Longus

Question:
What construct is often referred to by functional anatomists as the fourth hamstring and why?

Comment:
I, too, am having some confusion about this Q & A format and where to answer/address some of the replies. Can we not backtrack and specifically answer a previously posted question/comment?

Indeed, I would have liked to comment on Joe’s excellent summary answer about the famous (or perhaps now infamous--hahaha) ‘short leg’ conundrum that he and I had discussed with Whitney. As I recall our three-some exchange followed a rhetorical question that I had submitted on Whitney’s website: “Can you fully determine the cause of leg length discrepancies by looking at a patient lying on a table alone—and why do you not include the (entire) functional picture in your (orthopedic) assessment?"

To provide some context, the question is analogous to asking: "How can you accurately assess the presence of a short extremity/length discrepancy, name a muscle or group of muslces as the discrete source of the problem without taking into account the (entire) kinetic chain?” To achieve this, ie assess this "condition" with any level of certainty, you will need to have your client stand and walk/move around—in addition to the supine passive posture. Gravity is a key element in our biped stance (sic.) and cannot be overlooked in making any sort of an assessment, let alone a functional assessment (as is needed to elucidate the reasons for a Functional Leg Length Discrepancy).
Hi Dominic its all suposed to be a bit of fun Q and answere.
The site is not set up in a way that makes it easy on the eye so anytime its looks like a long debate is necassary please announce it here and then start another "discussion"
Eg Functional/actual short leg syndrome. I'm sure you will have many takers for a topic such as that.

Dominique Daly said:
Tibialis Anterior
Tibialis Posterior
Fibularis Longus

Question:
What construct is often referred to by functional anatomists as the fourth hamstring and why?

Comment:
I, too, am having some confusion about this Q & A format and where to answer/address some of the replies. Can we not backtrack and specifically answer a previously posted question/comment?

Indeed, I would have liked to comment on Joe’s excellent summary answer about the famous (or perhaps now infamous--hahaha) ‘short leg’ conundrum that he and I had discussed with Whitney. As I recall our three-some exchange followed a rhetorical question that I had submitted on Whitney’s website: “Can you fully determine the cause of leg length discrepancies by looking at a patient lying on a table alone—and why do you not include the (entire) functional picture in your (orthopedic) assessment?"

To provide some context, the question is analogous to asking: "How can you accurately assess the presence of a short extremity/length discrepancy, name a muscle or group of muslces as the discrete source of the problem without taking into account the (entire) kinetic chain?” To achieve this, ie assess this "condition" with any level of certainty, you will need to have your client stand and walk/move around—in addition to the supine passive posture. Gravity is a key element in our biped stance (sic.) and cannot be overlooked in making any sort of an assessment, let alone a functional assessment (as is needed to elucidate the reasons for a Functional Leg Length Discrepancy).
Are you saying that my question is not… fun enough? Ouch!! You know how to hurt a guy.

Alright then! Next time I post, I will put on my pointy hat and red nose. After all, we are only a week away from Halloween! I hope this will be fun enough for you my friend! Cheers!

Stephen Jeffrey said:
Hi Dominic its all suposed to be a bit of fun Q and answere.
The site is not set up in a way that makes it easy on the eye so anytime its looks like a long debate is necassary please announce it here and then start another "discussion"
Eg Functional/actual short leg syndrome. I'm sure you will have many takers for a topic such as that.

Dominique Daly said:
Tibialis Anterior
Tibialis Posterior
Fibularis Longus

Question:

Comment:

Dominiques Question:
magnus! ... adductor magnus is known as the fourth hamstring as part of it attaches proximally to the ischial tuberosity. i think there's some common layers of fascia that magnus and the hamstrings share also...

next question: identify the three muscles that share a common distal attachment with proximal attachments that include the ischial tuberosity, the pubis, and the ASIS? bonus question: what is the name of the distal attachment structure?

Stephen Jeffrey said:
Dominiques Question:
(posterior head of the) adductor magnus... :)

Stephen Jeffrey said:
Dominiques Question:
Do you mean the pes anserine group? (sartorius, gracilis, semitendinosus). The wording of the question got me for a while...

another question: What is the primary plane of action of the rectus capitis posterior minor?

Jaya Jeff Sims said:
magnus! ... adductor magnus is known as the fourth hamstring as part of it attaches proximally to the ischial tuberosity. i think there's some common layers of fascia that magnus and the hamstrings share also...

next question: identify the three muscles that share a common distal attachment with proximal attachments that include the ischial tuberosity, the pubis, and the ASIS? bonus question: what is the name of the distal attachment structure?

Stephen Jeffrey said:
Dominiques Question:

RSS

© 2024   Created by ABMP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service